Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day 7

Day 7 - A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you.

I had to really think about this one. I have so many important people in my life. I have the best family and so many caring friends. But my mind kept wandering back to one of the most important men in my life and that is my step father, Rex.
This picture cracks me up. It's just a candid shot from my sister's wedding but it looks like an ad for a bottle of water or something. It could almost be a business headshot and then there is that bottle of water. It's such a nice photo though!
I can't tell you how lucky we have been to have him in our lives. My mom met him when I was 11 years old and he has been my father figure ever since then. He is so funny, caring, & understanding. He is seriously the best grandpa ever! He bundled up Isabella the other night and pulled her around in a sled in the front yard until dinner time. He loves that baby so much! And she definitely loves her grandpa. I love hearing stories about his childhood (he was a hellion) because he is such an angel now. Don't tell him I said so because it will go straight to head and I'll never hear the end of it!

I knew I wanted to do something special for him around the time of my wedding. We found the white cowboy hat and I did some of my bridals in it. We let him see the proofs for the rest of the pictures but somehow hid those ones from him until we got the prints back. We surprised him with some portraits and the white hat a little while before my wedding. And then we wore the white had to my wedding. When Bella was born, we did some of her newborn pictures in the white hat for him. She may or may not have peed in it..

No comments: