Saturday, October 31, 2009
Happy Halloween everyone! I hope everyone had a fun and safe day. We had a nice and relaxing day. I didn't dare to take Bella out in the cold after just having the flu so we just hung out at my mom's and helped pass out candy. It's not like Bella can really trick or treat yet anyway. Plus she was really entertained by all the little ghosts and goblins that came to the door for candy. I was sort of worried that her costume wouldn't be dressed up enough but I was pleasantly surprised how it all came together. It was a fun day!
This week we all got the swine flu, yep even little Bella. We are pretty much over it now and luckily Bella did really well with it. Justin got sick first but I didn't realize it was the swine flu. After a few days Bella started coughing and running a low grade fever. I started not feeling good that same day. By midnight Bella's fever was 103.3 so I rushed her to the dr. They tested her for the swine flu and 11 minutes later the dr came in with a prescription and announced that she had the swine flu. I can't believe how fast it came on! Luckily they put her on Tamiflu right away and I really think that stuff works wonders! I'm just so thankful that she has a strong little immune system and she kicked the swine's flu's hiney!
During the week Bells had her 8 month birthday! She is growing up so fast! She is in to EVERYTHING. Even when she was sick she still wanted to be down on the floor trying to get into things. She is so cute (if I do say so myself)!
8 month tidbits:
- Bella now has 8 teeth! Crazy.
- She has crawled a couple of times but still prefers to army crawl.
- She loves suckers (thanks grandma!)
- She graduated to her big girl carseat. Of course we had to splurge on the "Recaro baby race seat", as Justin calls it. Recaro is known for their adult seats for racing. I can't complain since it's super safe and super cute!
- She can clap her hands and wave bye bye.
- Her favorite thing to do is stand up on the couch and look out the window.
- She isn't too sure of the cold but we did buy her a new winter coat, mittens and a hat yesterday and she looks adorable in them! I'll have to post a picture of her in them soon!
Monday, October 19, 2009
Yesterday my friend Sierra took our family pictures. These are our first official family pictures since Bella was born. I am completely in LOVE with them! Afterwards I snapped some of just Bella. The weather was perfect and the leaves were amazing. Thanks Sierra!
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Last month (yes, I know it's been forever since I've posted) we went to the Rick Springfield concert in Wendover. My mom was crazy about Rick when I was growing up kind of like she's crazy about Toby now. So needless to say, me and Skye both LOVE Rick Springfield since we grew up listening to him..over and over and over. It was a WAY good concert! He even came down into the audience and yes, we all freaked out like teenagers. It was a blast!