Friday, October 8, 2010

365 Project..

Since I never kept up with this.. I figured I'd just delete the page but didn't want to lose all the stuff I did do. So here it is!


To read about the project go here.

This project challenges you to stop & enjoy the little things or try something new everyday, for 365 days. 

I will add my experiences to this list each day.

Day 1- Slept in until 8:30! I know that might not seem like a big thing but it is to me! I get up early to work on the business but I really needed to sleep in. It was nice and refreshing :)

Day 2- I ordered that purse I've been crushing over for weeks. It makes my heart flutter!


Day 3- Bella and I stopped and enjoyed the great outdoors. We stood out on the porch and watched the wind rustle through the trees. We were in a hurry to get to the store but it was so nice just to stop & enjoy the moment.

Day 4- I finally tried a recipe that I've been wanting to try forever. It's from the Biggest Loser cookbook (which I love, by the way). It was easy and turned out good.

Day 5- I acquired the PS actions that I've been wanting. It helps with the business too, so that's good :)

Day 6- Bella really loves airplanes lately. Today me, Bella and my mom were headed to the store and we saw sky divers. We decided to stop and let Bella watch them land. We hurried and pulled over to the side of the road and jumped out of the car. After they landed a plan flew right over our heads to land. It was fun and so spur of the moment.

Day 7- Picked up a Bountiful Basket. I've been wanting to do this forever and I'm glad that I did. You pay $15 for a basket of fruits and vegetables. You bring a laundry basket to bring it home in and it almost filled it up. Bananas, strawberries, pluots, cantaloupe, grapes, pears, lettuce, tomatoes, eggplant, corn.. and more! I can't remember everything, there was so much! You just get what they give you. Yay for fruits & vegetables!

Day 8- Got Bella's room ready to paint. WAHOO! I can't wait. It's going to be so cute! I seriously thought it would be hard to find something new everyday but so far {knock on wood} it's been really easy. I look forward to updating this page every day!

Day 9- I spackled the first time. Almost ready to paint. So exciting!

Day 10- Painted Bella's room. FINALLY. Ok, so I feel like I totally cheated the last 3 days but I've wanted to get this room painted for forever & it does make me happy. So there. :)

Day 11- Had a realization.. you know you are at a really great point in your relationship when you can wear no makeup & know that your spouse loves you no matter what you look like. 

Day 12-Started a design that I've been wanting to do forever. Can't wait until this one is finished!

Day 13-Wandered down the street some to check out the cutest little family of quails. It's fun living out in the country sometimes! It's funny because I'm almost 2 weeks into this and I thought it would be hard finding something everyday. Today I hesitated and almost turned around to go back into the house instead of walk down the street to see the quails. But I remembered this project & knew this little family would brighten my day, so I went.

Day 14- Discovered this blog: http://brownpaper--packages.blogspot.com/ and spent pretty much a whole Saturday reading through it. She seriously has some of the best tutorials ever! I've already picked out a few things to do. Yay!

Day 15- Went to my first Salt Lake Bees game. It was fun despite the rain!

Day 16- Completed W1D1 of the Couch to 5k running program. Go me! It was harder than I was thinking it would be but totally doable. Our last day on the program will be October 22nd so I want to find a 5k to run around that time to keep me motivated. I'm doing the program with my athletic almost 14 year old brother but he is one of my best friends and keeps me going. Here is to a new & healthier me.

Day 17- Went to Ikea, for the first time EVER! How on earth I made it my whole life without going to that store, I'll never know. But it is amazing. I'm sure I don't have to tell everyone this because I'm the only one in the whole world who had never been there. Oh how I wish I had a million dollars to spend there!

Day 18- Took the long way to Michael's (through the mall parking lot) just so that we could go over speed bumps. Bella  thinks it's fun!

Day 19- Featured in the Etsy Finds email. Super busy day!


Ahh! I was doing so good! Basically this past week has been pretty crazy so I'll just sum up the last 7 days  and I'll be back on track.. Hopefully. 

In the last week we {almost} finished Bella's room. Justin just needs to clean out the closet (I cleaned out the rest of the room, he can clean out the closet since it's all his junk treasures) Then we just need to move the crib back in and in a couple of weeks I can put up decals. I'm too busy to do it now plus you are supposed to wait awhile after painting before you put them up. 
I am now on the second week of running. I'm trying to lose some weight before Witches Night Out!! So excited. Running is HARD. Harder than I was hoping it would be.

I am on a major mission to get this house spotless and organized. I totally fell off the bandwagon with all my focus being on Bella's room but I'm back at it this week. I found these cleaning lists from Etsy and I'm in love. So helpful!

I went back to Ikea and bought more stuff. I've spent around $100 with both times combined and I've gotten so much stuff. I really want a couch they have there but you have to put it together yourself. I'm all about DIY but putting together a couch? Scary!

I had a good idea for a new blog.. but I can't decide if I want to do it yet or not. We will see. 
I've been working on some new stuff for the house. I made a butterfly collage (I'll post a pic soon), I repainted my knife block, I *tried* to make some subway sign art (not quitting yet!) and I have another project up my sleeve that I am starting soon. I'm on a kick lately!

 That's all folks! Back at it tomorrow!

Day 26?- Went to Porcupine to see the kokanee salmon, there wasn't any but it was fun anyway.

Day 27- Ordered the Cake Pops book because Bella said, "Oooh I want it." I'm such a sucker.

Day 28- Made a meal planning schedule. I really needed to do this and hope that I keep up with it!

Day 29- Went to Boondocks for the first time for my little brother's birthday. It was a blast and thanks to my mom for keeping an eye on Bella so we could play!

Day 30- Making sweet potato french fries. They are in the oven right now. Hope they are delicious!
UPDATE: They are NOT delicious. If anyone has a good sweet potato recipe.. let me know.

Day 31: Took Bella to her first dance class.

No comments: