Friday, May 11, 2012

Kate's first week

I'll admit that I was so nervous about having a newborn again.. no sleep, will I remember what to do, how can I possibly love another child as much as I love Bella, am I prepared.. etc..

But from the second I heard her cry, I knew that everything would be okay. I absolutely love being a mom. There is nothing that can top it. I may sound crazy (sleep deprivation tends to add to that) but I even love the 3 am feedings. I love when the house is quiet and dark and it's just me and my tiny sweet girl. I'm one happy momma!

Getting ready to come home from the hospital.

Katelynn already has quite the personality and she looks almost identical to Bella when she was a newborn. We quite adore her!

Kate loves..
  • Snuggling. She wants to be held all the time. I love it!
  • Sleeping - no big surprise there
  • She had her first sponge bath at home and loved it!
  • Bella - I wonder if she recognizes her voice because when Bella talks to her she lights up and her eyes get huge! So sweet!
After her first sponge bath

Kate dislikes..
  • Getting her diaper and clothes changed
  • Getting burped. She would much rather sleep!
That's pretty much it so far :)




Proud big sis! Messy face and all!
Bella is still doing a great job with being a big sister. We've tried really hard to include her and make sure she is getting enough attention. I bought her a new tea set for when we came home from the hospital and she loves it. She is only 3 though and has had a little bit of a hard time sharing mommy. She told me that the baby doesn't love me and was quite confused when I told her I loved the baby anyway. She said she only wants me to love her. She loves the baby.. she just doesn't want me to. I explained to her that my heart can love lots and lots of people, the same way that hers can love mommy and daddy both.

I was starting some laundry yesterday and the baby started to fuss. She got quite all of a sudden so I came out to check on her. Sleepy little Bella was standing at the side of the bassinet patiently holding the binky in Kate's mouth. Seriously the sweetest thing I've ever seen. Daddy took her out for ice cream yesterday and she really enjoyed having some one on one time with him. I'm very proud of her this week!

No comments: