Thursday, November 11, 2010

{thankful}

So many people are doing "I'm thankful for.." posts this month and I love reading them. There is no way I could commit to doing a post every day.. I'd totally slack off and then wind up deleting posts to avoid looking like a slacker.. ha ha. So... here is my whole list! In no particular order..


My little cheese ball

#1 I'm thankful for Isabella. I've never met anyone in the world who could make me so happy. She is silly, funny and smart! She already has a graceful and sweet personality, yet she can get a whole room cracking up being the silly girl that she is. I love you Bell!

#2 I'm thankful for Justin, for which there would be no #1. And.. it helps that he is seriously the coolest dad ever. He is honestly my perfect match. I love him so much!

#3, #4 & #5 I'm thankful for my mom, Rex & Ty. My mom is the most amazing person. She seriously knows the answer to every question (or at least fakes it really well :). She is the strongest person I know. She is my hero. Rex is seriously her soul mate. He taught me that guys can be cool & nerdy at the same time. He is the best dad a girl could ever hope for. He is the most awesome grandpa in the world. All the kids love him. Ty is the little brother I always hoped for. He is my bestest buddy

#6, #7, #8, #9, #10, & #11 I'm thankful for my sister & her family. My sister is beautiful and funny. We are so much alike yet so different! She is my best friend. Jaden & Tayzhia are the coolest kids ever. Jaden is funny and talented. He makes me so proud! Tazy is GORGEOUS. She is a wonderful dancer. Skye is so lucky to have found AJ. He compliments our family so well. And of course we love his daughters Gretchen & Emma. Gretchen is the ultimate teenager (attitude & all) but she always has a smile & hug for you, no matter her mood. Emma is adorable and it feels like she has been part of the family since the day she was born.

#12 & #13 I'm thankful for my dogs Meeko & Oynx. Although, without Meeko I would own the most fabulous shoe collection but my shoes don't listen to all my worries when I'm having a bad day. She is sort of the most terrible and most wonderful dog all-in-one. Onyx reminds me why I wanted a dog in the first place. She is sweet and loving. She loves Bella & would do anything for her. Yes, I am talking about a dog!

#14 I'm thankful for my best friend Stephanie. We have been friends since we were 3 years old. She is more like a sister to me. She knows more about me than any other person in the world (including Justin). I can talk to her about anything and I know for one, that she will be honest and two, that she will at least try to understand where I am coming from and try to understand me. Every girl should have a friend like that.

#15 I'm thankful for my friends. Although I can't brag and say I have hundreds of friends, I CAN say that I have a close knit group of friends that are the best in the world. And I am thankful for each & every one of them, including the ones that I see a lot, the ones that I don't & the ones that I mainly just have a friendship with online.

#16 I'm thankful for our home. It needs lots of work, mainly a new couch that I really want now but I'll be good and wait until after Christmas..

#17 I'm thankful for my business. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to be able to work from home and spend my day with Bella. It is my dream come true. And it's totally a plus that it's a creative outlet for me and doing something I love to do.

#18 I'm thankful for the internet. Maybe too thankful.. I'm a little bit addicted. But seriously, what would we do without email, Facebook & blogs?!

#19, #20  & #21 I'm thankful for our president, our country & our soldiers. I am honored to call America my home. I respect our president, I stand behind him with my whole heart. The same way I did with our past presidents. I am grateful to live is a country where freedom is just not a word in the dictionary. I am grateful for our soldiers (& their families) who make a sacrifice everyday for us.

#22 I am thankful for all the modern day stuff (?) that we take for granted. Seriously people, can you imagine a world with no electricity or indoor plumbing. Frightening.

#23 I'm thankful for all the beauties of nature. Rainbows, sunsets, birds, the colors of fall leaves.. So inspiring! I live for it all!

#24 I'm thankful for chocolate. Enough said!

#25 I'm thankful for books! I read every night and it's my little escape. It's so relaxing.

#26 I'm thankful for art. For the people past and present who create it, thanks! Paintings, sculptures, architecture, photography, typography.. It's like life's accessories!

Last but certainly not least, I'm thankful for my faith and where I'm at right now spiritually.

Each of us will one day be judged by our standard of life, not by our standard of living; by our measure of giving not by our measure of wealth; by our simple goodness, not by our seeming greatness. - William Arthur Ward

Happy November!

No comments: