Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sew much fun!

For Christmas, I asked for this:

 And Santa delivered early! And he didn't wrap it either.. in fact it was setup just like that right on the table. Yep, that's the story that I'm sticking to. So I got right to work and sewed this!

Ahh! I'm so proud! I only had to unstitch it once. I really considered leaving the ears off. But I'm glad I fixed it. The only part I'm not sure about (besides the crooked sewing and doing the ears wrong even after my messup) is the embroidered eyes/nose. The pattern didn't really explain how to do it so I just winged it. I think it works for this little fox but I'm definitely going to need to practice that one.

If anyone is curious, I got the pattern from Bit of Whimsy Dolls. I got a couple of others too so I'll be fabric shopping this week!

3 comments:

Amber said...

How fun! Branden really wants us to get a sewing machine. I already do basic clothing repairs by hand but he thinks it'd be awesome to do more complicated sewing. I don't disagree with him but I also remember that we're both gone 12+ hours, four days a week and we don't have a lot of time for extra projects right now.

Clemments Family said...

That is way cute, I love it!

Mrs. Egg said...

So cute. Good job.