Tuesday, May 18, 2010

New Adventures

Today was my last day at Citi.. such a bittersweet day. I've worked with this company for 8 years. I practically grew up there. I started working there when I was 19 years old. It was definitely my first "real" job. While working there I met Justin, got married, graduated college and had a baby. I met some of the most amazing people that I'll be friends with forever. The work itself was not always the best but I learned so much and I'll never forget that.

I'm going to be staying home with Isabella and I'll keep doing my vinyl decal business. When I chose graphic design as my focus in college I knew it would be something that I could do from home but never really planned on it. I've always wanted to be a stay at home mom but figured I'd need to work and that it wouldn't really bother me much. Boy was I wrong! These past 9 months since I've been back to work has been one of the most challenging times in my life. Working moms deserve so much credit. It is HARD keeping up with a full time job, keeping up with the house & meals, plus trying to find time (and I mean quality time) to spend with your family. I know some moms who do a great job at it.. but it wasn't for me.

So from now on I'll be promoting my business, hopefully getting a website up this year, designing new decals, & most importantly.. spending time with my beautiful, smart & silly 1 year old. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Good Luck! It takes me back to when I left Citi. We have had to make sacrifices, but it is the best thing that I ever did. I love being there for my boys & spending time with them.

Mrs. Egg said...

Finally! u poor thing!! i remember when i walked out of citibank the best feeling ever. good luck with the business.

Clemments Family said...

You will do great! I am going to miss going to lunch everyday together and I am still sad and probably will be forever. Lol!!

Amber said...

I wish you the very best of luck! Enjoy your time with your little girl. :)

Cecilia said...

I'm so happy for you. Good luck with your business and being a stay at home mom. You will be great!