Sunday, May 2, 2010

Bella at 14 months


Bella is learning things so fast now that I can't keep up! I started teaching her sign language around 8 months but didn't really stick to it. A couple of months ago she signed "More" to me and I realized how much she had picked up despite me only showing her a few signs. Since then we've been doing a little bit better and she will pick up a new sign after showing her a few times. It's supposed to help with language development and I really think it has. I got a book called Baby Signing by Nancy Cadjan and it has a chart showing babies at 12 months usually speak 2-3 words and signing babies speak 16 words and can do 25 signs. She definitely doesn't know 25 signs, because I haven't taught her that many, but she easily uses 16 words.

Words she says.. Dada, mama, Ty Ty, Grandpa (kind of), puppy, tickle tickle, roll it and mark it (from patty cake), kitty, hi, Spongebob (sounds like Bob Bob), monkey, oh wow, ouch, sit, no.
That's all I can think of right now. I need to be better about writing things down!
  • Plays patty cake, including the motions.
  • She loves pulling everything out of the diaper bag and my purse.
  • She LOVES climbing. It's so bad! She climbs onto everything that is low enough. She likes climbing into her high chair.
  • She has 11 teeth
  • She is learning animal sounds. She knows meow for kitty, and rarrr for everything else. LOL
  • She understands lots of what we say to her. I can ask her to get a diaper and she will. She knows what bathtime means and will try to take her clothes off. If you ask her where something is she will hold her hands up.
She is so much fun right now! I never imagined being a mommy would be this rewarding!

2 comments:

Amber said...

It seems like she's growing up so fast! I swear it was only a month ago that you were posting about her doing little baby things and now she's doing all these cute, little person things. I'm so glad to hear that she's happy and healthy. :)

Clemments Family said...

She is a doll Sunset! We really need to get her and Lex together, I think they would be funny together, plus I want them to grow and be best friends.