Thursday, March 8, 2012

Another angel in heaven



In the early hours of March 2nd, Justin's dad left us for a better place. Not everyone knows but for pretty much our entire relationship, Justin and I have stayed with his dad to help care for him because of his medical problems. Bella has never lived in this house without him. While his medical problems didn't make it easy for him to play with her, he always did his best to give her attention and she already misses him so much!  I'll miss "Papa Mike" call her "peaches".. I always thought it was the sweetest (of his many) nicknames.

I can't even tell you how proud I am of Justin. He has never had it easy with two sick parents and now he has lost both of them before hitting 30. He is an only child so the responsibility has always fell on his shoulders to make sure that they were taken care of. Did living with his dad make our marriage rocky at times? Heck yes it did. I won't pretend that it's always been easy for Justin's time to be divided between taking care of his family (and our business) and making sure that his dad was taken care of too. But he can go on with the rest of his life knowing that he kept his dad out of a nursing home and did his best to help him everyday. I love him more because of it and I know that his dad appreciated him and was so proud of the man that he has become.

The services were Tuesday, March 6th. Everything was planned and arranged by Justin. I supported his decisions and gave him my opinions but he did everything to what he thought his dad would have wanted and according to his dad's final wishes. Not an easy task but I know his dad was smiling that day. In the morning before the funeral, Bella asked if she could see grandpa's angel wings. I know he got a laugh out of that one.

It's not fair to think that between Justin and I, we have lost 3 parents in the 8 years that we have been together. But we know that everything happens for a reason and we are closer and more devoted to each other because of it. I can't even begin to tell you how loved we feel and we are so grateful to our family and friends and the support that they have given to us over the past week. Thank you all!

1 comment:

Clemments Family said...

I've been thinking about you guys a lot. I can't imagine how you feel, but I know that you know I am always here for you as you have been for me. Love you friend!!