Saturday, July 30, 2011

Our week

This post is going to be a bit jumbled.. and random.. hope you can keep up with me :)

It's kind of weird sometimes not working a traditional job. The best part is being able to pick which hours I work (which takes a lot of self-discipline) but it's nice because I can always make time to do things with my family. It's kind of like the weekend all of the time so it's easy to lose track of time. I often find myself trying to figure out which day of the week it is. Not a bad thing.. just different.

This week was once of those weeks because we had so much going on. Our shop is really busy (another good thing..) so we have had lots of work to do. I've worked on some really fun custom orders and it keeps me busy. We also made sure to squeeze in a lot of fun.

Custom decal for customer.. going on the side of a re-painted popcorn machine.

 The best part of this week was finding out (for sure!) that Skye and AJ are no longer moving to Vegas! Dream. come. true! My sister is one of my best friends and it was so sad to think of them moving away. I'm so excited!!

Thursday I went with with by best friend Steph fabric shopping. We decided to sew the kids pajama pants.. with no pattern.. because we are cool like that. The sewing itself was not hard but figuring out which pieces to sew together WAS hard. After unpicking it a few times, we figured it out. I was so proud! And surprisingly they turned out really cute and actually fit.

Not the best pic but you can see her new pajama pants. She picked the material. Dora, of course!

 Friday afternoon we went to the aquatic center with my sister and her kids. I didn't bring my camera because we all planned on swimming. Bella does NOT like getting splashed, so all the little splash pad stuff is out but she loved the shallow part of the pool that I call the beach (you know, the area where it gradually gets deeper). Besides me getting sun burnt.. it was a blast! I'm excited to go again soon.

Friday night I went out to dinner with some of my good friends. We went to Chili's. I SO needed this night out. We laughed the whole time.
Amanda, Michael, Jody

Jami, me and Anna Lynn
Lately I have had a lot of people ask me what I eat and what I'm doing to lose weight.. so as I was unloading groceries today, I snapped a picture. Now, this is not what I always eat. I'm not always good. And I still have quite a bit of weight to lose but I'm getting there and I feel like I'm in a good groove lately. I also still go to Zumba a couple of times a week. Love it!


So from the picture you can see lots of vegetables and fruit, whole grain bread, Kind snack bars (they are so good!), nuts, steel cut oats.. My biggest change this year has been cutting out processed/junk foods and not eating out as much. Think natural. I also bought ground flaxseed. I've actually never used it and I'm not entirely sure how to incorporate it in. Any suggestions?

If you've made it to this point.. thanks for reading!

No comments: