Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day 2011

I am so lucky to have then men in my life that I do.

I honestly don't think I could have picked a better guy to marry. I thought that even before we had Bella but I believe it even more now. Bella is very much a mommy's girl but she loves her daddy just as much. They have so much fun together and have a really special bond.


Of course I miss my dad too.. so many things left unsaid but luckily lots of good memories to fill in the empty spots. Time does heal the pain but it also makes it feel more real. He painted this painting for me when I was a little girl and it's one of my cherished possessions.


We are so so lucky to have Rex in our lives. He has never felt like a step parent to me. He treated me like one of his own from day one. No joke. And I honestly don't think there is a person who loves their grand children more than him.


Today was a nice day. We had a BBQ at my parents with my sister's family. We even had homemade ice cream, cheesecake and brownies.

Bella was so excited to give her dad this father's day gift..
Bella the Octopus
I'm pretty sure it was his favorite gift. I don't think I could have given him anything he would have liked more.. but a Porsche probably would have been a close second.

1 comment:

Clemments Family said...

I love your Dad's painting and the painting that Bella did....priceless, I think it beats a Porsche anyday. And I have to agree that Rex is pretty amazing and cares a ton about you guys.