Sunday, September 5, 2010

3 years

Today it has been 3 years since my dad died. 3 years. I wish I could say it's easier now but it's really not. This past year I've missed him so much. I want him to know Bella. I want him to see where I'm at in my life and be proud of me, because he always was and he always told me he was. I need that right now.

I know I haven't really talked a lot about my dad's death on my blog because it's hard to talk about. I had a lot of regrets when my dad died. Month before he died I had a feeling that I needed to fix things, to say the things that I've always wanted to say but of course I didn't. I feel like I've moved past that now and I have told him the things I needed to say. I know he understands. I believe that he can still see us and he's always watching over us. And I know that I'll see him again and it will be at a time and place where the unsaid doesn't need to be said. Today though, my heart is heavy with sadness.. but also with love and I'm grateful for all the beautiful memories I have of him.

This is the headstone that my sister and I got for him. It's beautiful and so perfect. It stands out so much at the Ogden City Cemetery. It makes me happy when I see it.

The front of his headstone is created from a painting he painted me when I was a little girl.

His favorite song. The guitar is a Fender, just like his.

2 comments:

Clemments Family said...

Sunset! The tears are coming down. I am so sorry dear! Just know he is watching over you and Bella. I love his headstone, it is beautiful and the saying on the back in perfect!! Love ya!!

Mrs. Egg said...

I didn't know your dad died. I'm so sorry. It's no fun but with time it does get easier, The headstone is beautiful.