Friday, November 23, 2012

Halloween 2012

Yes, I know Halloween was almost a month ago.. but I'm just barely getting around to blogging it!

Sweet little Kate was a cute elephant. It's pretty much the only time that you can be an elephant for Halloween and get away with it. She was so adorable!


 This was the only decent picture I got of the two girls together. Yay me!

 This year I told Bella she could could choose what she wanted to be for Halloween. Every other year I've picked out a costume for her but I felt that she was old enough (and it would be more fun) for her to pick her own.

It sounds like a good idea until her suggestions were a tree or a leaf..seriously? Finally she decided on the tooth fairy and I thought it sounds good and easy! So we headed off to the costume store but she didn't like any of the fairy costumes. She said none of them were the tooth fairy. As we were walking back to the car, I asked her what the tooth fairy looked like. She said she has a big pokey skirt and she made huge hand gestures. ????? She said she saw the fairy on Yo Gabba Gabba. As luck would have it, right when we got home that episode was on and there she was!


So my sister helped me sew up an apron. We made a vinyl heat transfer for the tooth and some felt and button embellishments.. and there you go! Later on she said, "Oh mom! It was her wand that was pokey!" Silly girl.


 She was a happy camper :) And an adorable tooth fairy! Halloween night we walked around Skye's neighborhood and the weather was beautiful!

 Bella wanted to paint her pumpkin again this year. So she went to town with paint and glitter.



 Katie baby kept us company. She seriously gets cuter by the day!


No comments: