Sunday, July 8, 2012

So there's this guy..

The 16th of April marked the day of mine and Justin's first date.. 8 years ago! We went to Applebee's and then back to my apartment to watch a movie. There was just something about him that I really liked. He was sweet, caring and focused. And besides that, he fit right in with my family, he cared for both of his parents who weren't in good health and he was crazy about me!


We dated for about 2 1/2 years before we got married.


And we were married for another 2 1/2 years before we had Isabella.

Daddy and Bella


And then of course, our magic number.. 2 1/2 years before we got pregnant again.

Daddy & Katelynn
 I'm so thankful that we took the time with each other before getting married and adding a baby to the mix. We definitely cherished the time that we had together first.

During our 8 years together, we have lost his mom, my dad and then his dad. He went to Arizona and got certified in mobile electronics and I finished college and got my degree, we started two businesses, we adopted two dogs, we had two kids, and the list keeps growing! Life has taught us a lot of lessons, including to be there for each other during the good times.. and the bad.

Not only is he my best friend but he is also the best dad that I could have chosen for my children. He is a loving and thoughtful daddy. He isn't afraid to play dolls and loves to teach Bella all about cars. Both of the girls adore him and so do I.

This post wasn't for anything special.. just because.

I love you Justin!




2 comments:

Amber said...

Aww! I love to hear that other women have great husbands too! It's scary that so many marriages in end divorce and it makes me feel better about the world when I hear/read about the good men out there taking care of their families and loving their wives.

Clemments Family said...

What a very sweet post, I loved it! So happy you guys found each other.