Monday, April 4, 2011

Vegas Baby!

We had such a good time in Las Vegas. It was just the little getaway I needed. The weather was pretty nice. It was a little bit chilly but perfect hoodie weather.

This was the longest car trip Bella has been on. She did really well! At one of our stops we bought a Dora DVD and that helped!

Bella testing out the hotel phone

Dad & Bella testing out the bed

On Thursday we went to Toby Keith's I love this Bar & Grill. The food was delicious!



Friday me, Justin & Bella headed down to the strip and my parents and Ty went and did monster truck stuff. We went to Circus Circus, Treasure Island, The Mirage and the Venetian. We all met up later that night and went to Jack in the Box.

Saturday we all went to the MGM Grand to see the lions, M&M world and to the Coca Cola factory where Bella fell in love with a 10 foot polar bear. Anytime a stranger would get in the elevator or try to talk to her she would cover her eyes but she wasn't afraid of this huge polar bear. I wish I had it on camera. It was sooooo adorable! That night we went to the Monster Jam World Finals. I really thought Bella might be afraid of the monster trucks but she LOVED them! She fell in love with the puppy monster truck (Monster Mutt). She did so good at the show and fell asleep right before the freestyle championship. Which kinda sucks because that's the fun part.

Grandma, Bella, Ty
 

Sunday we went down to the strip again. We met up with AJ and went to the Stratosphere, Toby's Bar and Grill again (my mom needed to hit the gift shop, surprise surprise :), and we went to see the sharks at Mandalay Bay. It was so neat!

 
More Dora!

 I was so afraid of losing Bella in Vegas. She is so independent right now and has to walk every where we go. I decided to buy one of the animal backpacks that have a "leash" attached. It was the best decision ever but I was surprised by the funny looks and comments we'd get. Some teenage boys were walking behind us and said, "look at that.. they have that girl on a leash". Rude! Whatever. Apparently they have never had to keep track of a two year old.

Bella with her monkey backpack.


It was a great trip! I can't wait until our next vacation. I'm hoping to go to Disneyland next year!

2 comments:

John said...

Sounds like you had a fun trip! I love the way Bella is holding that iPhone watching Dora. :)

I have a very similar (perhaps even the same one if you got it for about $10 at Target) monkey leash for Max. We used it at Disneyland. He's a runner, too. I don't use it all the time, but often wish I'd remembered to bring it on errands! Too many interesting things in this world they need to check out, I guess.

Christy said...

Sounds like you had a fun trip! I love the way Bella is holding that iPhone watching Dora. :)

I have a very similar (perhaps even the same one if you got it for about $10 at Target) monkey leash for Max. We used it at Disneyland. He's a runner, too. I don't use it all the time, but often wish I'd remembered to bring it on errands! Too many interesting things in this world they need to check out, I guess.