Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Peanut Butter Bars

{Click the picture to enjoy these delicious morsels in all their glory}


My boss Dawnell makes the best peanut butter bars EVER! I decided to make them even though I was worried they wouldn't turn out as good as hers and I'd be disappointed. Let me tell you, they were so easy and turned out so good. Here is the recipe I used:

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup oatmeal
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
chocolate frosting (I just used chocolate fudge frosting for cakes and it worked out perfect!)

Cream butter and sugars, add egg, peanut butter and vanilla, add dry ingredients then add oatmeal. Press in bottom of 13x9 pan
Bake 350 for 15-20 min until very lightly brown around the edges. Be careful not to over bake!
Remove from oven, spread peanut butter while warm let cool then frost with chocolate frosting.

When I took mine out of the oven, they were golden brown around the edges but really gooey in the middle. Once they cooled down they were perfect!

1 comment:

Clemments Family said...

Those are making me fat just looking at them.