Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas 2009

This Christmas was seriously the best EVER! On Christmas Eve we went to my Aunt Carlene's for dinner. The picture above is Bella with her great great grandparents. How special is that? We cherish every moment that we have both of them here with us.

Christmas day was so much fun. Bella helped open all of her presents and played for about a hour before she ate breakfast. As we were opening presents, she said "oh wow!". I was saying it as I helped her unwrap her presents and I couldn't believe it when she copied me. We are definitely to the point where we have to watch what we say :)

Later we went to my mom's to exchange presents and to eat dinner. By then Bella was too excited and there was too much going on for her to be interested in opening gifts. She had lots of fun trying to keep up with her cousins and Uncle Ty.

This Christmas was simply amazing. It wasn't about the gifts or the food, it was about seeing Christmas through a child's eyes. It's about cherishing the special bond between family and friends. It's about the gift Heavenly Father sent to the world so long ago.. and so much more. And I am more and more grateful each day that I have Justin and Bella in my life. They are the only gift I needed (although I'm not about to give up the remote start I got for my car, getting Justin to install it will be next year's Christmas gift..ha ha ha).




2 comments:

Amber said...

What sweet pictures! We had a quiet Christmas and it was nice but I do miss the wonder and joy you only experience when looking at Christmas through the eyes of a child. It was great to be around my nieces and nephews during the holidays and I hope it won't be too many years before I have my own children to celebrate with. Hope your new year is full of many new and wondrous things seen through Bella's eyes.

Clemments Family said...

Such cute pictures. Glad that you had a good Christmas!!